I hosted a baby shower in Lagos once, and served these appetizers.
- Stuffed tomatoes (like deviled eggs)
- Vegetable Sticks with Canneloni Bean Dip
- Feta Cheese on Eggplant (use crumbled feta cheese)
- The recipe for the cherry tomatoes with mozarella and basil has been taken off the site, but it’s really easy to make just by looking at the picture. here I used regular cheddar. Use basil-infused olive oil if you can find one.
The recipe is by Furey and the Feast.
Yield: 4 servings, or 6-8 appetizer servings
12 ounces cherry tomatoes
8 ounces fresh mozzarella (preferably bocconcini)
8-10 basil leaves
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Rinse and dry cherry tomatoes. Cut each tomato in half and place in a salad bowl. Slice bocconcini in half. If using a fresh mozzarella slab, slice into pieces roughly the size of tomatoes. Place in bowl with tomatoes.
2. Chop basil leaves into a chiffonade (long, thin strips), add to bowl. Add olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss caprese until combined. Serve immediately.
To serve as an appetizer: Follow step 1 above. Place one tomato half and bocconcini half onto a wooden skewer. Roll basil leaf and place on skewer, finish with another tomato half and bocconcini half. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place on tray to serve immediately.